Sunday, June 22, 2014

D.C.

This week was my two year anniversary with the guy. It's crazy to me that it's already been two years! I also noticed that the last post I posted "regularly" was the day before we became official, awww.

Anyway, we went to our nation's capital to celebrate, a vacation that honestly couldn't come at a more perfect time. It was good for me to just turn off the New York hustle and bustle and just be a tourist for once. He's stressing out about other things so it was also good for him to be able to just get away and unwind a little.

It was really great! I hated DC so much when I was younger! I thought it was boring and it was completely lost on me. I'm still less impressed with it than I am with New York, but it really is a beautiful place. Everything is do white and bright and while still talk, not as tall and dark and consuming as Manhattan. It was still a city but it was also just a breath of fresh air - just what the doctor ordered. 

We did monuments and got to see friends that moved down there after college,  which was nice! We didn't go anywhere fancy or particularly famous to get food, keeping it low maintenance, chill, and just enjoying each other's company. It was really nice! 

I feel refocused and ready for the summer. It's just funny to me that even on vacation, I can't escape the draw of a big city ☺️


No comments:

Post a Comment