Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Semester in Review

It's the end of the semester. I'm getting ready to go home for Christmas on Monday. And you know what? I've had a very good semester. 


It was kind of boring until Halloween and even that was kind of boring (it was so crazy it was hard to do/see anything), but after How to Succeed in Business, things really picked up. After that, I saw Billy Elliot after unsuccessfully getting tickets to Wicked. It was amazing. It's probably my favorite show that I've seen on Broadway so far. It was really spectacular. I cried, I laughed, the music is fantastic. I'm really sad that it's closing in January. If you have a chance to see it, you should. It's touring right now, so you should definitely try and see it. Pittsburgh friends, it'll be in town at the end of January/early February. I was a little skeptical about it, because I love the movie, but I wasn't sure how that would adapt to the stage, but they really did a great job and remained true to the film as much as they possibly could. I love the song "Solidarity," it was probably the minute I realized I loved the show.


Thursday, I saw Bonnie and Clyde, which was also amazing. It is unfortunately closing WAY too soon (December 30th). I really hope there is a cast recording, because it's such a great show and it's great music. It's really bloody (duh, it's about Bonnie and Clyde), but it was kind of awesome. Jeremy Jordan was a PHENOMENAL Clyde. He's completed my trifecta of modern male stage stars that I love based purely on their talent, joining Norbert Leo Butz and Raul Esparza. Laura Osnes is Bonnie and that girl can belt like it's her job. She was amazing and I hope she bounces back quickly because she is too talented to not be the next Sherie Rene Scott. They have amazing chemistry and it was a fantastic show. If you're in New York and you can see it before it closes, you really should. I hope they release a cast recording :(


I also watched people arrive for Blair Waldorf's wedding, which was spectacular. I did not see Leighton Meester, Blake Lively, or Ed Westwick, but I did see Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford, Matthew Settle, Kelly Rutherford, Margaret Colin, Wallace Shawn, and Michelle flipping Trachtenberg!!! It was beautiful and everyone looked fantastic (except Michelle, but you know Georgie's up to no good). I wish I had been able to be there the day Leighton was spotted in the streets in her wedding dress, but I probably (unfortunately) had class. Next semester, I am all about creeping around on them in my spare time. 


I don't know how much spare time I'll have, because I got an internship with the Wendy Williams show! I don't know much about it yet, except that I got it and I am so excited! I went to her show one day with Laura and she was like "You need to work here," and I applied and got a call for an interview the next day. I'm so excited, you all know how much I love the show and I think I'm really going to learn SO MUCH. It's going to be great. Because of that, I don't know how much time I'm going to be spending in Pittsburgh for break (WAH), but hopefully I get more details soon so I can figure out my flight and my time home and such. 


HOME ON MONDAY! I'm so excited. I can't wait. I miss Pittsburgh so much :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you didn't tell me about Wendy Williams, but I'M SO EXCITED.

    ReplyDelete